- This event has passed.
Connecting the UK-Dutch integrated photonics ecosystems
12 May @ 15:00 - 16:30Free
In light of the many upcoming opportunities in Horizon Europe, a set of seminars, starting on 12 May, will seek to build awareness integrated photonics capability and opportunities in the UK and Netherlands and seed new collaborations. The PLG, Photondelta, Compound Semiconductor Applications Catapult and Dutch embassy have come together to organise these meetings starting on 12 May @ 15:00, with an opening by the Netherlands Ambassador to the UK, and talks on integrated photonics opportunities in Hoirzon Europe and benefits of previous Anglo-Dutch collaborations in the area. Register online and to submit questions for the panel discussion in advance. Follow-on meetings on 26 May and 17 June will look at specific opportunities, experience and capabilities in telecommunicate and sensing.
Programme 12 May 15:00-16:30 BST
- 15:00-15:05 Introduction by moderator, Stephen Anderson – Director Industry Development, SPIE
- 15:05-15:10 Opening remarks, Karel van Oosterom – Ambassador to the Netherlands in the United Kingdom
- 15:10-15:20 PhotonDelta: accelerating growth in the integrated photonics industry, Ewit Roos – Founder PhotonDelta
- 15:20-15:30 CSA Catapult: the British photonics landscape, Mark Goossens – Business Development Manager, CSA Catapult
- 15:30-15:40 Benefits of Anglo-Dutch collaboration within photonics, Michael Wale – Professor of Integrated Photonics, UCL & TU Eindhoven
- 15:40-15:50 Opportunities for collaboration within Horizon Europe
- 15:50-16:00 Best practice of Anglo-Dutch collaboration: Effect & Smart Photonics, Stefano Aina – Director Product Management, Smart Photonics
- 16:00-16:30 Interactive panel discussion, Speakers above and John Lincoln (PLG)
To add events to this calendar please contact the PLG, with details of the event location, dates, URL, organisers and a 50 word description.