DCMS have opened a new competition to support UK and ROK companies and research organisations to collaborate on Open RAN R&D and develop new products and solutions for the market. The scheme has a particular focus on innovations that will match or exceed the energy efficiency performance of incumbent solutions.
The PLG has excellent connections with the Optical Society of Korea, who in turn are extensively connected to the photonics and communications community in ROK. The PLG and OSK are very happy to facilitate connections to support responses to this competition, just contact us.
- Competition opens: 26 July 2022
- Briefing event: 3 August 2022
- Deadline for clarification questions: 13 September 2022
- Deadline for receipt of applications: 20 September 2022 at noon
- Assessment of bids and interviews: September – October 2022
- Successful applicant notified: November 2022
- Grant claim period: December 2022 – 31