The latest £4.5million competition from the future aviation security solutions programme seeks novel solutions that can enhance security at airports, the border and other screening locations strengthening the detection of dangerous, illicit and contraband items.
Innovations should address at least one of 5 defined challenges
- Improving the screening process for passengers, staff and their belongings
- Improving the screening process for in-flight supplies
- Rapid screening of cargo, mail or hold bags for prohibited and contraband items
- Improving aviation security screening using a systems approach / systems integration
- Going beyond aviation security – improving detection and identification of contraband and illicit items at the border
Deadline 1 July 2019 @ midday