Innovate have opened two new competitions in Future Manufacturing and Materials and Infrastructure. Previous Manufacturing and Materials competitions have attracted a high proportion of top quality proposals utilising and developing photonics. “Projects should target opportunities for significant changes in productivity and …. increase material efficiency“. This competition scope focuses on:-
- developing more flexible and efficient processes
- developing processes that enable faster and greater customisation of products
- developing materials for ease of manufacture
- addressing the manufacturing readiness of growing sectors
- developing materials to targeted performance specifications
- diversifying product and service lines
- developing novel services or business models that open up new sources of revenue.
Projects impacting more than one application and addressing productivity challenges in manufacturing are particularly welcome.
The deadline for both competitions is short (considering Christmas break) at 31 January 2018. Briefing meetings will be held on 12 December.
Funding in each competition is increased to £19m from standard £15m. There is also an additional £16m to support Knowledge Transfer Partnerships across Manufacturing, Materials and Infrastructure