At the last PLG meeting it was agreed to add Vice-Chair and Treasurer officers to the Photonics Leadership Group, to be appointed by member vote alongside the PLG Chair-person at the next PLG meeting on 27 February 2019.
Nominations for these voluntary roles are now open and should be submitted to PLG chief Executive John Lincoln by 19 February 2019. Outline role descriptions are given below. Please include a brief (<250 word) biography to support nomination.
Any member qualified to vote at the Photonics Leadership AGM may nominate themselves or another qualified member to serve as an officer. All nominations must be seconded by at least one additional voting member. Please confirm with the nominee in advance their willingness to stand and be elected. Voting members are those who have attended more than 2 of last six PLG meetings.
Details of candidates, will be distributed 1 week in advance of the next PLG meeting
- The Chair shall provide senior industrial representation for the PLG, be publicly identified at the Chair of the PLG and, notwithstanding any conflicts-of-interest, support PLG publications.
- The Chair shall be a member of the senior management at a UK photonics manufacturing company or equivalent.
- To avoid restrictions on additional company directorships, The Chair need not be a member of the board of Photonics Leadership Ltd. If not a member of the Photonics Leadership Ltd board, they will have an observer role at Photonics Leadership Ltd board meetings
- The Chair shall coordinate with the Chief Executive the support of the UK’s largest/leading photonics manufacturers and conduct activities useful to support photonics industrial growth.
- In a manner agreed with the Chair, the Vice-Chair shall support the Chair and deputise for the Chair when appropriate.
- Appointment to the role of Vice-Chair is on the understanding that the individual shall put themselves forward for the role of Chair when the current Chair steps down.
- The Vice-Chair shall be a member of senior management at a UK photonics manufacturing company or equivalent.
- To avoid restrictions on additional company directorships, The Chair need not be a member of the board of Photonics Leadership Ltd.
- The Treasurer will ensure appropriate accounting records for Photonics Leadership Ltd are maintained and reported to the members at the Annual General Meeting and at other meetings as required.
- All financial transactions for the PLG will be handled by Photonics Leadership Ltd.
- The Treasurer is responsible for the compilation of the accounts of Photonics Leadership Ltd in liaison with the appointed accountant and filing of the annual accounts with HMRC
- The Treasurer will maintain a Bank Account for Photonics Leadership Ltd and ensure that signatories of at least 3 officers are registered with the Bank as authorised signatories for operation of the account.