The Photonics Leadership Group congratulates photonics companies who have won the prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in 2019 including:-
- Yelo, Carrickfergus. The globally leading manufacturer of Photonics burn-in and life test systems, Yelo wins the Queen’s Award for International Trade for Outstanding Short Term Growth in overseas sales over the last three years.
- Optos, Dunfermline. A leading provider of retinal imaging systems reducing the risk of vision loss and improving diagnosis of disease, Optos wins the Queen’s Award for Innovation.
- Laser Wire Solutions, Pontypridd. With an innovative laser solution for stripping insulation from ultra-fine medical devices, Laser Wire Solutions win the Queens award for Innovation.
- Lumishore, Swansea. Manufacturers of high performance LED marine lighting systems for all types of boats, Lumishore wins the Queens award for Innovation.
- Cyden, Swansea. Manufacturing intense pulse light (IPL) based hair removal beauty devices for use in the home, Cyden wins the Queens award for International trade.
The diversity of winners and applications they address demonstrates the enabling impact of photonics across all markets. Their success as Queen’s award winners demonstrating the UK’s leading Photonics capability and its international impact.